Sunday, October 31, 2021

Santa and orchid lady and butterflies ... oh my!



 I just finished this little guy.  He's for my ANG Christmas ornament exchange this year. It was a old kit from What's New Inc. for a Christmas Tree Candle.  I opted to make it into a pillow ornie instead.  It's been a long time since I've stitched on Aida.  I had forgotten how small the holes are -- either that or my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I didn't read the directions until after I was done stitching.  I read them to see how complicated their finishing was (too much for my taste).  And that was when I read that I was supposed to soak the threads in vinegar before stitching to make them colorfast.  Whoops.  I had to wash it because there was a major crease in the fabric so I washed in cold water. No bleeding.  Whew!  I ironed it and then saw it start to bleed.  RATS!  Ran it under cold water immediately but couldn't get it out.  Time for some tea staining to hide the bleed.  And it worked.  I can still see a little of the bleed but I don't think anyone else will unless they know where to look. Yay!

 

 Orchid Lady is finished.  I'm happy with the way it turned out and I really enjoyed working on canvas again.  

The first column on my Randje with butterflies is done.  Two more to go.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Orchid Lady colors. I particularly like the stitch you added at the end of the gold sections. (I led Orchid Lady for the Cyberpointers Chapter of ANG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any colour bleed at all so that's good. I always soak and iron fabric before starting to stitch if there are creases and fold lines. Which is a good thing because the last piece I did shrank and it was important it stayed as 28 count,
    The needlepoint is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete