Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My first WIP for this year.

Unfortunately, I haven't stitched on any of the WIP's from last year thus far in 2013.  I'm hoping that will change in June because I miss working on them.  I did, however, finish  Iris in the month of May:

In the original pattern, there is an 'S' in the large empty area at the bottom.  I decided to leave  it out but I'm  not sure I like it as is.    Originally, I was going to put a little pulled thread stitch in that spot.  But now I think it needs some color there.  That empty spot draws my eye down to it too strongly.

I tried a large flower bead in the spot and I like it.  The colors are good, the size is good, the plastic bead catches a little light.  The problem is that the bead stands out a quite bit from the fabric ... but maybe that isn't much of a problem?  It really does look nice in this pic. 

Hmmmm, after seeing these pics, I'm leaning toward using the bead, especially since I just noticed that the five petals in the bead mimic the 2 five-petaled flowers at the top.  If I use it, I'll need to figure out a way to attach it with thread.  Invisible thread will probably work okay here.  It isn't my favorite thing but I hate using glue more.

 Enjoy what remains of your May.

Monday, May 20, 2013

My first IHSW of 2013

Well, I was finally able to participate in an IHSW.  The weather was gorgeous and I had a house guest on Saturday but other than that, I managed to get a few hours of stitching in.  I worked on the SAL Iris and actually had the presence of mind to take a before picture:

 and an after picture:

This piece is almost finished -- woohoo!

I was originally nervous about changing the colors on this project but at this point am happy with the results.  Happy Monday, everyone!