Tuesday, August 19, 2014

IHSW for August

It's that time of the month again.  And I made the most of IHSW this past weekend.  Unfortunately, I can't show you most of my stitching because it's for exchanges.  However, I can show you one finish from the weekend.  El Muro is complete.  This was a fun little village to stitch.  I'm not sure what I will do with it now.  Maybe make a little pillow out of it??

Another project started and completed (though before the weekend) is a cute little freebie called Let It Snow by designer Helga Mandl.   I added a little glitter to the snowflakes and large, loopy french knots as the tassel.  This guy cracks me up with his big nose and skinny neck.  I may have to restitch him for myself since he's slated to go to my nephew for Christmas. 

It's so hard to get the glitter to show up ....

I'm way behind with my Christmas ornament stitching this year but at least I got the 2 done for my nephews.  That should make them happy.  At least I hope so.  The boys are getting into those teenage years now, so we shall see what happens this year.  I'll know in a couple months when I give them their Halloween ornies.

Wish me luck ;)

Monday, August 11, 2014

WIPocalypse August

Is it WIPocalypse time already??  Where did the month go.

I have nothing new to show for Mary Wigham or the Tulip Sampler.  I've been working on exchanges and ornaments.  However, the topic for the month (which I usually forget about) is:
Tell us about your oldest and newest WIPs.

So here goes.  I have 2 projects from 2008 that are lying cold and untouched.  The first one is a hardanger Christmas tree.  It's nearly finished.  All the eyelets are done, the blanket stitching around the outside is complete, I think all the little tulips are stitched.  I can't remember what else besides the cutting and wrapping needs done but I don't think it would take me long to finish it.  It's gorgeous .... if I would just get back to it. 

The other old project is a Celtic Sampler.  I love this one but I've reached the part in the pattern where the quotation is and I *hate* the quotation.  I've tried finding one I like to replace it but haven't been successful.  I saw this sampler finished at a local fair the year I started it and that stitcher replaced the quote also ... didn't like that one either.  So it sits .... unfinished.

For some reason, I don't want to work on large projects right now so I've been doing ornaments and smaller projects.  I've been enjoying my Halloween stitching this year and just started a Christmas ornament for my nephew.  When it's done, I'll get a picture posted.  Another project that's been keeping me busy is a Friendship Sampler the ladies in my EGA group are doing.  I get a new sampler each month to add to.  This has been loads of fun.  Unfortunately I can't post any pictures until they're all done. 

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hot off the hoop

I finished my July ornament for the Halloween SAL a little late.  Since I started it on July 30th, I think I did okay.  The subject for the month was pumpkins.  This is one of my most favoritest patterns.  I've stitched it for 2 other people but this one is MINE!!  WooHoo!  These goofy guys make me giggle every time I see them.

The subject for August is ghosts.  I'll be stitching another favorite of mine and I will be keeping it also .... double woohoo!

Have a good stitchy day everyone! 

Friday, August 1, 2014

July's Small

I originally decided to take part in this Smalls SAL hosted at the Stitching Lotus this year so I could keep up with my Christmas ornament stitching.  Unfortunately, I'm not getting much Christmas stitching done.  But I am doing other smalls.  Which is good but I need to get going on Christmas.  After all, July is gone.

This month I worked on  (among others) a pretty little pattern from Blackbird Designs.  I love this pattern and one of these days I'm going to stitch it for myself.   I finished it as a card .... my first attempt at this.  Check my last post for the finished card.  No sense me re-posting it here.

Well, it's the dog days of summer now.  Here's Spider doing one of his favorite things ... snoozing the afternoon away.

Happy August everyone ... my least favorite month (too hot and humid).  And I promise next update will have a Christmas theme.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A stitchy card

Well, I did it.  My first card finish.  Nothing elaborate but not too bad.

Now to find an envelope that fits.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'm late for July's WIPocalypse ....

 but here's the full moon as seen from my back yard .... and then the batteries in my camera died.

This means it's time for a WIPocalypse update.  Unfortunately, there isn't much to show.  Mary Wigham laid untouched and unloved this month while Autumn Log House received a tiny peck on the cheek only (as seen in the upper left corner).

I've been busy with exchange stitching.

Hey.  What can I say??

I'm fickle.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer Postcard Blog Hop

 I received a lovely postcard from Christine:

She writes:
The biscornu is one I made a few years ago from a Victoria Sampler design. The colours really remind me of summer flowers. The other photo is of my Apothecary's Rose, which has a very short flowering season but smells divine. My garden reminds me of the way Lady Katherine described Elizabeth's - "Miss Bennet, there seemed to be a prettyish kind of a little wilderness on one side of your lawn." Only my lawn is gradually being annexed by the wilderness!

Sounds like my kind of garden -- a little wild.  Thank you Christine.

If you want to see more pretty garden pictures in stitches, visit Jo.  She's hosting a summer postcard blog hop.  This is my first time participating in a blog hop and I'm happy to say it's fun.  If you've never tried it, give it a go.  I'm sure you'll have a good time.