Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jane Austen



These two small samplers are from The Sampler Girl .  They were to be Christmas presents for a college friend who is a big fan of Jane Austen.  Unfortunately, with the amount of snow we had over the winter and then with my job, we couldn't get together until this past weekend.

I'm really happy with them, even the frame job -- which I did, my very own self, if you can believe that.  The first one I chose for Sandy because she makes an excellent apple pie and the second one because I thought it funny.  The geometric motiffs are changes from the original patterns.  They came from a book by Gay Eaton entitled Wessex Stitchery.   Very pretty stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I'll bet she was pleased. Your additions make them one of a kind and very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy -- she was happy with them :)

    ReplyDelete