Monday, November 8, 2010

Slowy Stitching

I don't have much stitching to show for the last couple weeks.  The dogs and I have been busy with classes and an agility trial this past Sunday.  Willow and I had a totally awesome jumpers run.  After 7 years, I think she and I are finally becoming a team.  Beagles are such independent creatures.  It seems to take them longer to get the concept of  "team".  My first beagle, Daisy, didn't get it until she was 10, so I'm thrilled that Willow is a quick learner.


Ok, on to stitching ......



My Little Tree is up to date.  I need to do something about the white flowers -- they don't show up well on this fabric.  I'm thinking I will add satin stitches over the white cross stitches of the flowers to see if that will make the white pop out more.  And on the white in the borders, maybe pink (or the red from the overdyed thread??) french knots.



The Golden Cat is starting to actually look like a kitty.  This thread is such fun to stitch.  I love watching the way the colors unfold.  It may be one of my all time favorites.  Unfortunately, the picture isn't accurate.  I haven't given him eyes yet.  I want them to stand out and plan on using a solid green for them -- perhaps something with a little glitter to it.



And last but not least, I spent time on Toccata while watching John Wayne movies and doing the laundry on Saturday.   It was a fun time!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful WIPs! I love Golden Cat and the way geometrics is played within the design. The flower in it looks great against the whole of the design (so far)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules -- that's what I love about the Golden Cat also. I tried something new with the overdyed thread. The flowers are cross stitched horizontally and the remaining areas are stitched vertically. It looks really cool in person -- the photo doesn't show off the difference well but it is noticable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dog you have! I see also that you love kitties. Have you seen Nenah's canvases? The link is on my blog somewhere - and also see Anne Stradal's (The Cape Stitcher) "Molly" that Nenah did of her beagle. Your stitching is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete