Here they are at 2 weeks and just opening their eyes:
The boys are healthy, vigorus little dudes and growing like weeds. Aren't they adorable?
Check out the little beauty mark on flashy Nash's hip -- he's quite the looker right now. Keep those fingers crossed that all 6 balls drop -- lol!
Okay, on to stitching ......
Unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting much done. I'm not exactly sure why this is so but I suspect it's because I have too many projects started. This seems to bother me more than I thought it would when I began the crazy January challenge. I haven't been able to work on those projects for awhile now and they're starting to nag at me. I think I need to stop starting projects and get some finished. Starting new projects is fun but apparently, I'm the type that needs to finish them also. Having said that ......
My EGA group has started an ANG project called Sudoko. Since most of us are members of both organizations, we decided to stitch this fun project. It's based on the game Sudoko (of which I have limited knowledge since I don't play). I haven't gotten very far on mine but already I'm not following the actual Sudoko chart thingee. I'm just kind of putting whatever stitch/color I want wherever I put it. How organized is that???
I got some more pads done on the Waterlilies and even finished the flower on your right:
I don't know if I like this project and I think the reason is that the pond is too static for my tastes. It needs more life -- some bugs or a frog or something. Maybe when I put the water in, the sparkle from that thread will liven the piece up a bit. I thought about dropping this project (especially since I have so many other projects going I just love to stitch) but since it's a good one to work on at lunchtime, I'm not going to do that.
My final stitching update is Old European Sampler by Steve Rousseau -- this is another Sticklounge SAL that I'm just beginning (sigh).
I'm trying something different with this one. If you enlarge the pic, you will notice on the lower left part of the blue and brown knotted section that the half stitches are going in the opposite direction. This is intentional -- I want to see what effect the crosses going in different directions will have on this section. So far, the effect seems subtle but noticable.
I hope everyone has a good time this weekend -- get plenty of stitching, gardening, picnicing, or whatever done.
Oh, in case you are wondering --- I haven't gotten my knotted dogs pattern yet --- waa!