Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ye Olde European Sampler

is slooowly coming along.  I got more done on it over the long weekend but unfortunately, I didn't have much time for stitching.  Needless to say, I've changed the colors a bit.  I don't know whether I like the dark brown in the corner knot .... or not.  But it can just stay there for awhile as I decide.   In case you are curious, here is the original sampler.


The dark blue outside border is sucking down the thread, so on the way home from work today, I plan to get some more.  The thread for this piece was bought recently so there shouldn't be a problem with dye lots.  I may tea stain this project after it's all stitched.  This would be a first for me but I'm thinking it would make this piece actually look like 'ye olde sampler' if I stain it. 

As for the puppies ... they are doing well.  Their eyes and ears are open and they are mobile.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Great progress! I like that darker color. It's a nice compliment to the blues you are using. You may feel differently as you progress on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your European Sampler is coming along beautiful. I know what you mean with the outside border. Luckily I am stitching 1 over 1, so I don't need that much thread.
    -Daniela

    ReplyDelete