Thursday, May 3, 2012

A beagle and a heart

I kept forgetting to take a picture of  this one.  I bought this beagle pin at a conformation show last year but don't have occassion to wear it much.  Since I think it's cute, I decided to stitch a frame for it so I can display the pin even when I'm not wearing it.  The "frame" is based on Wessex Stitchery and took me about a day of laundry and stitching to do it.  The difficult part was turning the first corner -- it took me about 4 or 5 tries to get it right.



I realize most people don't care for the baying of beagles but every time I hear a beagle howling after a bunny, I can't help but call the sound 'a joyful noise' .... and smile.


Switching now from beagles to Heart Note Alley, this SAL is almost finished.  I love this pattern (even though it was plagued/cursed/hounded *wink* with multiple frogs) and am very happy with my version of it.



Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching Marcy....the beagle pins is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea for the pin.... the stitched frame fits it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete