For this hermitting weekend, I decided to take some of my unfinished raw ornies and finish-finish them -- does that make any sense??
The first ornament -- the sugar shocked reindeer -- was done before and I changed it a bit. Originally, there were red beads throughout the surrounding cording but I didn't like that. So I removed the beads and reattached them inside the cording -- making a red bead frame around the reindeer. Much better. The other three were assembled from scratch. I also finished another ornament but you cannot see it just yet -- it's a surprise. And that's it for hermitting. It doesn't look like much but I'm pleased as punch with myself for getting them done.
Have you ever felt like you know you should be remembering something but can't for the life of you remember what needed remembering?? Well, I knew there was something I was supposed to do last Friday but didn't remember what it was until a little bit ago. I forgot I was supposed to do Christmas in July updates on Fridays last Friday - duh. There are only 4 Fridays in July, you would think I could remember this 4 times, wouldn't you. Oh well, half a week later, here's my update (such that it is):
Sigh .... at this rate, it'll take me all of July just to do the one ornament.
In addition to the ornie stitching, I managed to get some of the Old European Sampler done last week (nothing so far this week):
Hopefully, I can get some stitching done on it tonight and tomorrow night.
Until Friday's Christmas in July update ....... have a good rest of the week.