Friday, July 13, 2012

A small Christmas update on Friday the 13th

I actually got more stitching done on my first Christsmas ornie of the year:


There is now a complete sock and trees growing out of it.  Of course, I made some adjustments to the original pattern.  I didn't have the colors the pattern called for so I improvised a little.  Plus you may (or may not) notice that the green band on the sock is larger than the original.  I'm going to add my nephew's name there.  Oh, and the diagonal band on the sock has some specialty stitches instead of all cross stitches.    Just a few changes ....

The majority of my stitching time went to the Old Eurpoean Sampler and I'm happy to announce that it's finished!

 -- NOT --   I did , however, round the corner:


I'm unhappy with the light blue horizontal borders in the first row.  As I was stitching over the weekend, I think I figured out why.  Everything is so cramped -- there's no breathing room -- no white space.  When I started this row, I used ecru thread and didn't like it, so out it came for the pale blue, and I still don't like it.  Maybe I should have left the ecru in?  Or at least given it more of a chance.  But, looking at the following picture, I still don't like it.


I think what I'm going to do is nothing right now. 

No, I'm going to continue stitching the next row and instead of putting the thin blue border in below it, I'll couch metallic gold (or maybe white) in that space instead.  And if I like it, I'm going to rip out the 2 claustrophobic causing light blue borders and couch more gold/white.  If I don't like the couching, I'll try to think of something else.  Any suggestions?

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous stitching. no idea with the border it looks fine to me but I can't see it in person.

    ReplyDelete