Monday, June 7, 2010

I've been doing lots of stitching and here's what I have to show for it .....


The little Quaker sampler from the Marquoir Group is finished.  I added a bit to the top of the sampler to center it on the pillow (since I didn't get it centered originally).  Ooops, I added my dad and step mother's initials but apparently didn't get a pic of it -- sooo this isn't current.  Better do that another time.  Anyway, it was a fun little stitch and easy on my eyes.



The Mystery Sampler by Kelly Searles is almost finished -- only one more part to go.  How exciting!  I love to finish a project -- it's such a sense of accomplishment.  I added a little of the dark brown to the acorn caps.  It doesn't show up much in the picture -- hmmm, perhaps I should add a little more to make it more visible??



I started something new last week, Symmetry by Needle Delights  (I also love starting a new project).  So far it's a fun stitch.  Needless to say, I changed the colors a bit from the original and put it on grey congress cloth.  There's still lots to do but it's a good start.

Rats .... forgot to take a pic of Mary Wigham but I did get some stitching done on her also.

Anyone want a beagle puppy for a couple weeks???  Though I should warn you, Meadow is teething BIG BIG time.  Her new nickname is little Shark.  I will be sooo glad when she has all her big-girl teeth. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! What's the fabric you're using for the Mystery SAL? I love the color! (as well as the pattern....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy!
    The fabric is 28 count plum lugana though the color looks more like maroon than plum to me. I love it also and think it's sooo beautiful! I will have to use it again sometime.

    And just for the record (since I don't have them written down anywhere yet), the threads for my GGM:

    DMC
    3371 - dark brown
    613 - taupe-grey color(used on the letters)
    244 - pink (flowers & berries)
    772 - very pale green (leaf and acorns)
    738 - tan

    ReplyDelete