Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June WIPocalypse

I'm late but I did get lots done.  And so without further ado .......


Almost all the white bells are stitched in White Christmas (only have 3 more sets at the top to stitch -- woo hoo!).  Once this is done, I can start the cutting.


The Old European Sampler has been gathering dust so I pulled it out and got some done on it also. 



The Tulip Sampler hasn't seen the light of day since January of 2011 when I first began it as part of the 2011 Crazy January Challenge.  I just love the colors in this one and intend to give it some major TLC.

The next few pics are a biscornu and some ornies that have been stitched for some time and needed to be "finished".  The biscornu is called Tumbling Spools (I think).  I forget the designer's name but it was offered in an EGA magazine issue from 2010 or maybe 2009 (hmmmm ... memory like a steel trap).




I decided I wanted to add the 4 buttons on the underside corners to match the spools.  Who knew that I, a lover of pink, didn't have a single pink button??  After a quick visit to JoAnn's, I do now.

These 3 Christmas ornies were from the 2011 Crazy Challenge also.  I finished the actual cross stitching in 2011 but never made them into ornaments until now.  As of now, I'm thinking I may remove the red beads from the sugar shocked reindeer's cording.  I'm not sure I like it.


And even though this isn't part of WIPocalypse (unless you count the "finishing" part) I want to include this lovely stitched by Linda B as an exchange from the Fair and Square group:


Hmmm .... can you tell I've added "finishing" to my WIPocalypse list?  When the world ends, I want to get all my little stitchings "finished".

4 comments:

  1. What a "full" post!! Lots of pretty things. Love the Old European Sampler - the colors are so beautiful together. And look what you did with my F & S exchange! Just love those colors and definitely need to make one for me. Finishing is part of the stitching adventure, but I have to admit I'd get a failing grade in that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the finishes!!
    Your wips are coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of wonderful progress - your biscornu is simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishing - love that little biscornu. I know how you feel about finishing, it is just something that I keep putting aside.

    ReplyDelete