Monday, August 11, 2014

WIPocalypse August

Is it WIPocalypse time already??  Where did the month go.

I have nothing new to show for Mary Wigham or the Tulip Sampler.  I've been working on exchanges and ornaments.  However, the topic for the month (which I usually forget about) is:
Tell us about your oldest and newest WIPs.

So here goes.  I have 2 projects from 2008 that are lying cold and untouched.  The first one is a hardanger Christmas tree.  It's nearly finished.  All the eyelets are done, the blanket stitching around the outside is complete, I think all the little tulips are stitched.  I can't remember what else besides the cutting and wrapping needs done but I don't think it would take me long to finish it.  It's gorgeous .... if I would just get back to it. 



The other old project is a Celtic Sampler.  I love this one but I've reached the part in the pattern where the quotation is and I *hate* the quotation.  I've tried finding one I like to replace it but haven't been successful.  I saw this sampler finished at a local fair the year I started it and that stitcher replaced the quote also ... didn't like that one either.  So it sits .... unfinished.

For some reason, I don't want to work on large projects right now so I've been doing ornaments and smaller projects.  I've been enjoying my Halloween stitching this year and just started a Christmas ornament for my nephew.  When it's done, I'll get a picture posted.  Another project that's been keeping me busy is a Friendship Sampler the ladies in my EGA group are doing.  I get a new sampler each month to add to.  This has been loads of fun.  Unfortunately I can't post any pictures until they're all done. 



3 comments:

  1. An interesting theme for this month's Wipocalypse. Both your oldest WIPs look great. I know that problem with the quotation. I often haven't bought a chart because I didn't like the quotation, lol.

    ReplyDelete