Tuesday, August 19, 2014

IHSW for August

It's that time of the month again.  And I made the most of IHSW this past weekend.  Unfortunately, I can't show you most of my stitching because it's for exchanges.  However, I can show you one finish from the weekend.  El Muro is complete.  This was a fun little village to stitch.  I'm not sure what I will do with it now.  Maybe make a little pillow out of it??


Another project started and completed (though before the weekend) is a cute little freebie called Let It Snow by designer Helga Mandl.   I added a little glitter to the snowflakes and large, loopy french knots as the tassel.  This guy cracks me up with his big nose and skinny neck.  I may have to restitch him for myself since he's slated to go to my nephew for Christmas. 


It's so hard to get the glitter to show up ....


I'm way behind with my Christmas ornament stitching this year but at least I got the 2 done for my nephews.  That should make them happy.  At least I hope so.  The boys are getting into those teenage years now, so we shall see what happens this year.  I'll know in a couple months when I give them their Halloween ornies.

Wish me luck ;)


9 comments:

  1. El Muro is so cute! The colours are really different and that just adds to the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your finishes - they are so cute !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EL murro????? Who is the designer . I love it. Great job with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your stitching so much
    So sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the cute little snowman :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. El Muro is beautiful, such lovely colours and so very different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finishes I really like El Muro and the colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello

    Lovely finishes, love the village one (:
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes!
    Snowman is very cute!

    ReplyDelete