Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just in case the world ends next year ......

I want to finish one or 2 of my WIP's that have been wasting away on my shelves. I am only going to commit to 2 at this time, though I hope to add more as the year progresses.  The first is this hardanger tree began in 2008:


It's mostly done.  If memory serves me correctly, I just need to finish the eyelets and do the cutting -- I don't think there's much more to go with it.

The second is my Celtic Sampler (which I began in 2008):


It too is almost finished -- just 3 or 4 more bands to go. 

I really would love to get these 2 finished before the world ends next year.  I think I have until December before that is supposed to happen -- plenty of time.

If you would also like to finish a favorite WIP before the earth goes down in a ball of flame, visit Measi's Musings and sign up for this fun, no pressure SAL.

The rules are few and simple:

1)  Go to her blog to sign up

2)  Before 2012 begins, make a list of the project(s) you want to work on.  If, at a later date, you decide to add another project -- that's okay too.

3)  Then on the full moon, post pictures of  your work (as much or as little as you managed to get done).  Label that post WIPocalypse so Measi can find it easily.

4)  When you have that done, go to Measi's full moon post and leave a comment that you have updated.  She will then create a check-in  list of URLs for each month's updates so everyone can find them easily.

And if, like me, you  have no idea when the full moons for 2012 are, here's a list:

 January 9
 February 7
 March 8
 April 6
 May 5
 June 4
 July 3
 August 1
 August 31
 September 29
 October 29
 November 28
 December 28

Doesn't this sound like fun?

3 comments:

  1. I signed up a while ago.. Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely WIPS -- I'm sure they will be gracing your walls/trees in to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed up as well, hoping to finish something. :)

    ReplyDelete