Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Woops! I forgot about this yesterday ......

I received 2 beautiful squares from my Fair and Square partner this last round.  This is a pattern from Barrick Designs called Five Birds Sampler (aptly named, don't you think?)


The main thread is a Needle Necessities lovely (currently called Cherry Cola at Threadworx).  I love it!  When I showed this to my dad, he looked at it intently for a few minutes.  He was checking to make sure all the letters of the alphabet were there -- he thinks it's funny that some samplers exclude a letter or two.

I sent my partner these 2 squares from Blackbird Designs called The Pink House:


I adjusted the pattern a little to make it fit within the parameters of the Fair and Square regs and used DMC floss on tea stained 32 ct linen.  Tea stained fabric is fast becoming my favorite -- I love the old look it gives a project.  Now if I was just brave enough to tea stain something after it was stitched ..... maybe someday.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment