Thursday, January 13, 2011

An even dozen's worth of craziness

I have always admired the Brittercup kitties (mainly because I love black cats) but have never stitched one until last night.  This pattern is from the JCS 2009 Christmas edition:


I'm happy with the progress I made on it and can't wait to finish it. 

My first kitty was a precocious black cat I adopted from a shelter years ago.  He was the best cat -- athletic, friendly, confident, always into trouble and too smart for his own good -- probably not the best cat for a first-time cat parent.  As a kitten, he got his head stuck in one of my speakers, knocked over 2 fish bowls with Bettas (one was on top of the refrigerator) and my 4 shelves of plants, crawled inside my refrigerator, among other adventures.   He's gone now, but whenever I see a black cat in a pattern, picture or real life, I have to smile.

Thanks everyone for your comments, especially about my pups!  I appreciate you taking the time to leave a little note -- they also make me smile.

Can you believe it -- only 3 more days ......

4 comments:

  1. What a fun start! I had a black cat growing up. He was a troublemaker, too!! :-) BTW, thanks for sharing the pictures of your dogs yesterday. I used them as models for coloring a card I made yesterday. It's on my blog here...

    http://simplystamping.blogspot.com/2011/01/hope-for-katie.html

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe we are nearing the 15 day mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the brittercup designs. All of them are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Brittercup kitty designs!! Love cats, can't go wrong there, although those pups are truly too cute!!

    ReplyDelete